Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sanctuary

I have been house and dog sitting for my parents for over a week and a half now, I just have 3 more days and I am done. But "I am done"! Naturally I will finish it out, but I just can't handle being away from my place, my sanctuary, for this long. I'm not sleeping (or eating) well there, in quality and in how I feel when I wake up. I have tried a number of beds there but none agree with me. It's the little things too... they all add up.

It's worse as I get older I think, years ago I didn't mind. Of course years ago I would get drunk every night blasting the stereo and shooting pool. Now it's get comfortable in the sun room with my book and relax after training. But now as I am getting set in my ways deviations annoy me. Which is interesting as I more flexible in other things lately.

But this combined with everything else has me all out of center, moody and despondent. This weekend I go home and have a race in Boulder so hopefully everything gets back to normal again.

No comments: