Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Kick in the pants

Every once in awhile you need a kick in the pants. Someone or something else can do it or you can kick yourself. I guess I am kicking myself to get going again. The past couple weeks have been great. I started seeing someone who has a zest for life and is a ray of sunshine. Training which was lacking is starting to come around... so I kicked myself. I signed up for a 6k swim that I am not ready for... and I have two weeks. But it will be fun. I have emailed some companies about potential sponsorship opportunities and set a HUGE goal for 2011 (more on that in another post).

But that's what you do right? See what you can accomplish? After all the energy into 2008 Ironman... and to get hurt and come up short... I just needed a recharge and maybe to forget so I could find it again. For a long time I didn't want to subject myself to that extreme again. You have a big goal you have to go big, that's a lot to do. You can say it all you want, but to do it, to commit that is a different story.

So here is the first step (stoke?) in this commitment. A 6k swim in a week and a half... yup alarm is set for tomorrows swim practice.

No comments: