Thursday, August 2, 2007

Power

The last few weeks I have been hammering out some Power Interval on my bike, throwing down as many watts as I could for 3 minutes... rest for 3 minutes and do it again. Do this 7 times... that was the workout. God I suffered.

So now it is Steady State pace... 4 X ( 10 minutes on, 6 minutes off) or 5 X (8 minutes on, 6 minutes off). Naturally you go slower. But I so enjoy these workout more. It's twice as long being "on" but it's not at the high end. Naturally you want to be suffering at the end (and I have been) but there is something about the hard long burn vs the blow up and burn out that I can suffer better.

The last two days have renewed a little bit of confidence I have been lacking since Boulder Peak. I lost a little bit of swagger with the race. It's slowly coming back... add a good run hopefully this weekend and all will be right again.

One thing at a time... get the training going and then work on other things.

No comments: