Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Years

So last night was New Years Eve. Jill and I had dinner reservations at a great restaurant, good food, great company, the perfect way to end the year and start a new one. Except... last Friday I started feeling sick... a cold. It was well still is a nasty cold. Then Jill gets it... not good.

So there we are at Blue Vervain both feeling ill and trying to make the best of it. I think we both went through periods of feeling terrible and periods of feeling better. But by the end I was exhasted and feeling bad.

Today is the Rescue Run, I'm bailing as I need to be healthy by Thursday for some bike power classes I am taking. Not exactly the way I wanted to end the year and start a new one. I am sure there is a life lesson about expectations or acceptance... but I am a little to bitter and well sick to care.

Happy New Year everyone.

No comments: